Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day Trades

While Day Trading seems risky, (Pussy) its way more fun than long term investing and can make money a hell of a lot faster than waiting months or years for investments to pan out. Shit, I lost an average of 4.5% today on my long term picks. Day trading can be a way to suplement the income. The things I look for in a day trade are 1) Small price, 2)Volitility 3)Enough Volume 4)Patterns. The basis of day trading is just buy low sell high, but having a stock that you can be pretty sure of what is about to happen, based on what usually happens, makes trading it waaaay easier. Two stocks that I day trade are ECC Capital Corp and Zix Corp.


ECC Capital Corp (ECRO) is a OTC stock. They have declared bankruptcy or something idk, its a shitty company, but it pretty much meets all my requirements. It trades around .15 CHEAP. It moves one or two cents a day (thats like 6.67%-13.33% a day) It has okay volume. Usually around 100,000 a day. It can be a problem however, and not being able to get a sell through is a huge red flag with day trading, and has been a problem for me. The reason I choose to trade it is that it has a very predictable pattern. Buy at .15, Sell at .17 or .18. The support at .15 is almost perfect, and this leads to an easy entry point. (See graph)



Zix Corp (ZIXI) actually is a company I think long term is a pretty damn good investment. They're a leader in email encryption, and I think they will suceed. However, currently they're not doing much, except being a sweet candiate for some day trade action. They meet all the epectations of a good day trade stock. They are cheap, trading in the $4 range. They are volitile, usually .1 to .3, or 2.5%-7.5%, a day. It has sufficient volume, with an Avg Vol of 641,000 on NASDAQ. Perhaps most importantly, it is an easy stock to trade because of its predictability. There is a definet support around $3.8 and a resistance in the $4.1-$4.2 range. (See graph)

1 comment:

dclisme said...

Though if you buy enough of a cheaper stock and the price does rise, you'll gain much...however I wonder if for the most part these cheaper stocks tend to plummet than rise

This site reflects my personal opinions. Investing involves risk and everyone must make decisions for themselves. If your dumb enough just to invest based only off what I say, you probably deserve to get screwed.
I may own some of the stocks I talk about on this blog. The intent is not to try to manipulate prices, I don't pretend to have that kind of influence, but to let others know about good investment opportunties I've seen.
CURRENTLY I OWN: Visa (V), Zix Corp (ZIXI) Disney (DIS)